Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Week Nine - E is for evil: Thing twenty-two of twenty-three

I just can't take it anymore! The ebook thing sent me completely over the edge.
Is this for real?
"Today There Are 1 Million Free Electronic Books On The Internet" Are they kidding!!??
I know that it's highly unlikely that I will ever read a book online. There's too much I would miss. The feel of the cover in my hands, the smell, the sound of someone you really like reading to you.
I think I'm probably going to end up like Guy Montag in "Fahrenheit 451"....fighting to the end to preserve the book.
Here's something interesting Ray Bradbury said after writing his novel:

On the alienation of people by media, Bradbury said:

"In writing the short novel Fahrenheit 451 I thought I was describing a world that might evolve in four or five decades. But only a few weeks ago, in Beverly Hills one night, a husband and wife passed me, walking their dog. I stood staring after them, absolutely stunned. The woman held in one hand a small cigarette-package-sized radio, its antenna quivering. From this sprang tiny copper wires which ended in a dainty cone plugged into her right ear. There she was, oblivious to man and dog, listening to far winds and whispers and soap-opera cries, sleep-walking, helped up and down curbs by a husband who might just as well not have been there. This was not fiction."

scary...

I guess I just don't get it...the whole ebook thing....just like I don't get why people dogear pages.

And now...I'm going to go curl up with a good book...

1 comment:

Virtual Services Team said...

Hahaha, evil...
Who told you?

You're almost there!