Friday, March 2, 2007

Week Four - Hans Mestrum: Thing nine of twenty-three

Of the four feed-finding search tools mentioned this week, I think I prefer Feedster. Not only is it more enjoyable to look at, I like the idea that they provide a 'Feed of the Day'. The site that was featured today gave me some very good ideas on how to improve the appearance of my blog. I'm still struggling a bit with fonts and colors and things.
Technorati was my second preference because it's really fun to say. It has a really nice tab system under the category 'popular', with favorite video, music, news and movie searches to choose from. I may end up liking this better after some practice, but the ads flashing all over the place are a distraction, and it was a bit much for a Friday afternoon.
It WAS kind of fun listening to the Technorati Tutorial in Dutch though :-) It's done by a guy named Hans Mestrum, and he cleverly titles the presentation 'Hans on Experience'. Plus he uses a U2 song in his intro. Gotta love those Dutch!
http://www.hansonexperience.com/screencasts/blogfinder/engels_nederlands/Technorati.html

Thanks to the Virtual Services Team for this great link.

1 comment:

Virtual Services Team said...

Aw, shucks. You write the nicest posts.